Monday, March 5, 2012

Kinda Cool Ranch Doritos

It's a snowy afternoon here and everyone is sick but me.  What a good day to try something new!

Today's adventure is Kinda Cool Ranch Doritos by the blog macheesmo.com


To my surprise they were pretty good.  I had high expectations for these since they are my favorite chip to begin with.

First I had to go to the store and get some ingredients.  Every time I go to the store I always buy too much and never get all the stuff that i need.  So frustrating when you get home and realize that you forget a main ingredient. (In my case seasoning salt)  Luckily we have something called google and I found a recipe for it.

On to actually making the dish.

I am not the best at cooking or baking but I thought this was a pretty easy recipe. (Until I started)  I don't have a thermometer so when I was heating up the oil I had no idea how hot it was.  I burnt my first 2 batches until I figured out to turn down the heat.  (at this point I thought I was doomed)

Once I got the hang of frying the tortillas it was on to seasoning the things.  This also was a task in its self.  I tried putting them in a bowl and tossing the chips.  That was an epic fail a few chips found themselves on the ground.  I tried putting them in a bag and shaking them, they just ended up crumbs. (I guess I am just to rough)  The easiest way was to get dirty and use my hand and sprinkle the warm chips.

Now the best part!! Eating them!!

The original blogger was right when he said they were

best served warm.  Once I got the hang of seasoning the chips right I couldn't stop eating!  Not the healthiest of snacks but soo good!  They had a bit of spice and were salty. (a bit too much salty for me I know for next time)  You definatly needed something to drink when you ate them. 


                                              Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment